DIY Popsicle Skis

$5

I wanted to share the tutorial for a DIY popsicle ski garland. DIY Popsicle Skis are the kind of DIY that takes far less time than you think, and can easily be whipped-up the day of an event. They’re also super kid friendly.

Here is what you need to make your own popsicle skis:

Materials for DIY Popsicle Skis

• Popsicle sticks
  • Bamboo skewers or toothpicks
  • Acrylic paint + paint brushes
  • Hot glue gun
  • Felt scraps

Step 1: Paint your popsicles in sets of 2, in whatever colours you want to use. I really like the visual combo of pink, red, green and stained wood, but you may want different ones!

Step 2: Once they’re dry, you can paint fun details on them. I divided my popsicles into a set for painting, and a set that would receive ski poles, and only added details to the ones that weren’t getting poles.

Step 3: Hot glue the two popsicle sticks together in the middle so that they form an “X.”

Step 4: For the popsicle skis getting ski poles, using pliers, cut the end of the bamboo skewers (you want the pointed tip for the craft), but toothpicks also work just fine.

Step 5: Paint the ski poles! You can also stain them, but that’s starting to get a little fancy. They’re easier to paint if you do the bottom half and then the top half, but it’s up to you. A little piece of foam is also a great place to let them sit while they dry.

Step 6: Cut little strips of felt to use as the wristlets for the ski poles. Attach them to the top of the skewers using hot glue. Fabric glue works, but hot glue is just so much faster.

Step 7: When it comes to adding the ski poles to the skis, you don’t want to waste time gluing them together first. Just put a dollop of glue on one of the popsicles and place the ski poles on them.

Step 8: To make a garland, you’ll need twine or string. I hot glued the back of the DIY Popsicle Skis to the string and was able to do so quickly and with little fuss.

That's it! Now you have a fun winter garland.

31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Ariel

• Sharyn

I love these!! My kids and I made something like this one year for ornaments. We used colored craft sticks for the skis and instead of the wristlets you made, we used small buttons for the ring at the bottom of the ski poles.

• Skilled Thrifty Creatives

Theses are just too cute! Thanks for sharing.