Repurposed Metal Snowflake

$5

Here is a winter project that just made me happy. Repurposed from another old light fixture. While I'm not a big fan of snow, I do love the beauty of snowflakes.

This project began with an old light fixture. If you've been following along, you know I've already made several projects using the globes from this fixture. The first one was  a repurposed tea light pumpkin and the second, one of my favorite projects of all times is  the repurposed light-up snowman. Another fun project from this light fixture was the Metal Garden Bee for a summer planter. 
Today, I'm using the metal frames that went around the outside of the globes. At first I thought I was going to paint the frames gold but on second thought I flattened them. They are made from a soft metal material and while I was very careful, I pressed the center of the metal on a slippery surface and the magic happened. 
Once the metal was flattened I thought it looked a lot like a star or a snowflake.
I painted the star using a white chalky paint then when the paint dried I coated the front of the star with Modge Podge then immediately sprinkled the wet Modge Podge with Epsom Salt. I let the star hang dry and now we can call it a snowflake! 
I used a length of fishing line to hang the star which will look beautiful when all the Christmas decorations are out. I made 2 of them so they can hang together. ❄️
For now I'm hanging it on my favorite DIY plantation shutter wreath hanger in the center of this pretty wreath. You can read all about that by visiting Homeroad.net and search plantation shutter.I hope you liked my repurposed snowflake, you can read more about this project and many more repurposed DIY projects by visiting my blog... Homeroad.net You can sign up to receive emails so my latest DIY tutorial can be sent straight to you.Visit this project by clicking on the GO BOX below!

Homeroad

• Carol Janssen

Love how these turned out! Would like to see the snowman you mentioned above but when I clicked on it, that that blog page does not exist.

• Carol Janssen

Thank you for the link. It is such a cute project and you're are so creative in using materials and re purposing items. I have some globes from light fixtures that are larger but I am sure I can make them work. Thanks again!!

• Ahuva

Nice!