DIY Kissing Ball
Making a DIY kissing ball is a fun craft project that yields a pretty ornament to hang in your home. A simple sprig of mistletoe may be the familiar prompt for a holiday kiss but you can make your own holiday kissing ball to hang indoors or out. Use a large plastic Christmas ball and adorn it with ribbon, fake evergreens and bells.
Kissing balls come in all different shapes and sizes and can be created from natural or artificial materials. If you buy one from a florist it can be pricey and will only last one season. With this tutorial I will show you how to make a holiday kissing ball from inexpensive supplies from the craft or dollar store and it will last for years to come. Hang it indoors or out where ever you would like to receive a smooch.
Supplies for DIY Kissing Ball
- Large 6 inch plastic ornament. I used red but you can use and color you like
- 1 yard of ribbon ¾ inch thick. Cut into two pieces.
- 4 faux holly sprigs.
- 4 faux sprigs of berries.
- 4 faux evergreen branches.
- 6 small bells.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
- Thumb tack for hanging.
- Begin by using hot glue to adhere one piece of the ribbon to the perimeter of the ball.
- Tie it the two ends together and make a bow with the extra ribbon at the top of the ornament.
- Glue the other piece of ribbon on the other side of the ball. Tie at the top and leave the ends free so that you can hang it.
4.Next, apply hot glue to the top of the ornament and glue on the holly leaves around the top of the ornament.
5.After, glue on the evergreen pieces in-between the holly leaves.6.Then, glue the fake berries in any gaps in the other greenery.7.Finally glue on the little bells onto the ribbon and top half of the ornament.8.Hang the kissing ball from the ceiling with a tack.
- Red ball ornament (Michaels)
- 1 Yard of ribbon (Michaels)
- Faux holly (Dollar tree)
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go