Reuse Old Christmas Cards as Gift Tags - Easy Upcycle Project

$10

This is a super easy upcycling project that I do every year. I cut up this year's Christmas Cards to reuse them next year as Gift Tags! Super simple and easy to do - a great one for doing with a Holiday movie on the TV and it gets you all organised for next year! Bonus!
Do you ever feel guilty about the amount of Christmas Cards you dump in the recycling bin at the end of every year? I do. Reusing the pretty designs as gift tags gives at least part of the cards a second life for the new year.
The long and the short of it is that you go through your Christmas Cards and use some pinking shears to cut out the lovely pictures or text.I use pinking shears because they give the nice zig zagged cut which I think gives them a nice finish, certainly better than if I tried to cut them freehand with straight scissors!
Once you have all your tags cut out you can decide whether you want to punch a hole in them to string a bit of twine or ribbon on them or leave them as they are.I usually do a mixture, I tape some tags onto gifts across the top edge - so they kind of flap up; and the rest I use a hole bunch to make a hole for my twine and tie the loop up to hang on a gift - I usually do it this way for gift bags.
And that's it! You have purposefully reused your old Christmas Cards and you have a stash of lovely gift tags for next year! Your future self will thank you!For more fun and easy upcycling ideas go to: https://upcyclemystuff.com/

Kristen Hubert

• Carol Smth

Would be cute to tie the individual decorations on a beaded garland draped over the fireplace or mantel, draped over a headboard in bedroom or kids room.

• Sandra Bacasa

Been doing this for 15 years now!! When I worked, I used to take all the Christmas cards home after the holiday and make them for the next year. I love trying to match them up to coordinate or complement the gift bag or gift wrap. Everyone always loves them. So glad to see someone else had this brilliant easy idea and so practical and environmental friendly! GREAT JOB

• Kristen Hubert

Thanks! So glad to hear so many people are already doing this! It's not common where I live.