DIY Wood Christmas Trees

$30

These cute little whimsical wood Christmas trees are so easy to make and are perfect for your Christmas and winter decor. Here's how to make them! Find the exact products used by going to my blog post here!
These are the things I used to make these trees. The only thing missing is the paint and the dowel for the optional base.If you want to make multiple trees, grab multiple bags of the wood chips.
I painted the foam cones with brown paint and then let the paint dry completely.
Then I glued a row of the wood chips to the bottom on the cone. I placed them so the bottom half of the wood chips were hanging off the bottom of the cone. Then I layered the chips all the way up to the top.
For the top, I put a little broken piece of wood chip into the foam to help support the wood chips on top.
Since I used a tall foam cone and then two other short cones that were the same size, I needed something to make each tree a different height. So I added fun little bases with a dowel and come wood slices and glued them to the bottom of the foam cones. I like the mixture of some trees with bases and other trees without bases.These trees are seriously super easy to make! But I love the texture that they add to the winter decor!
Get more info and links to the products used here on my blog.

• Foam cones
  • Brown paint
  • Wood chips

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Memorial Day Crafts
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Natalie

• Marylew Finster

This is really neat! needs something at the top of the tree, however! (Not a star, I guess, but something.) Any ideas???

• Toni Tuyt Carroll

I made several of these after seeing Natalie's post. I put some brown moss that resembles a birds nest on top with a tiny bird inside. Looks so cute. Fun project. I've already started 2 Easter trees. Love Natalie's idea.

• Chandra Denise DeVaul

How is the glue not melting the Styrofoam trees? Just curious.

• Liz

If no low setting maybe apply to the wood chips let cool a little then apply to the trees.

• Toni Tuyt Carroll

I'm in the US. I went to her links for the wood slices. All were Etsy. I went to order 3 packs...cost $29. But the shippong cost was $42!!!!. No way! All were either from Ukrane or China. Does anyone know of a US source for these wood slices? I love the project, but I'm not paying more for the shipping than the wood slices themselves. Help!

• Patt

I do my own with a miter chop saw and branches from a tree in my yard. cha-ching !! free!! my husband's tools!!

• Toni Tuyt Carroll

I found these on Amazon. I also found the plain smooth edged ones in Hobby Lobby. I embellished mine a lot, but i love the plain ones too. Two different effects but using the same basic construction technique. Fun project.

• Toni Tuyt Carroll

I did another take on Natalie's great idea and inspiration.