Chunky Knit Tin Can Upcycle

$10

Here's how you can recycle those tin cans into super cute chunky knit planters.
To create the chunky knit effect you need some polymer clay.
Start by rolling our the polymer clay into long strings. Than fold each string in half and twist at the top.
Combine the twisted strands one by one to make it look like a braid. When I say combine simply press into each other lightly. The polymer clay is pretty sticky and adheres nicely on its own. Once you have a braid ready attach it to you tin can.
and pinch off both ends of the braid on the tin can. Notice how the braids attach to the tin can where they're pinched at the top and bottom. These is all you'll need to adhere the braids to the tin can. When you're done working your way all around the tin can bake it in the oven following the manufacturers instructions.
Here's how it looks complete! You create this look on any surface that is bake able. An old cup or cookie tin?
In love with how this turned it! Thank you for tuning in.
You can check out the full DIY on my blog with a video tutorial. I also try and share new DIYs weekly you can see those on my blog as well - for this diy visit - https://www.lilyardor.com/chunky-knit-planter/

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Lily Oleynik

• Suzi B
    Suzi B

Can this be used outside????

• Nancy
      Nancy

Probably need to go to her blog for the "full DIY"

• Angie Weisheit
    Angie Weisheit

I absolutely love this!! I'm assuming glass jars would work as well? My daughter was looking for something pretty to put a plant in but didn't have the money for one she saw in a store. Now I can make her what she wanted! 💗

• Margaret
    Margaret

It is so creative. Just wondering If we could microwave instead of bake?

• Linda
    Linda

I love this and I'm going to give it a try. Thank you for sharing.

• Grandmasue10
    Grandmasue10

Very clever. I don't like regular yarn on plant containers. When yarn or fabric gets wet, it gets ugly.