Old Dresser Upcycle - Hunter Green + Brass

$45

Here's how we transformed our old shabby chic dresser.
Here's what our dresser looked like before. It's actually pretty cute like this however I just really wanted something fresh and new. I was looking to a buy a dresser but since this one was in perfect working condition I decided to give it a makeover.
So this was the freakiest part of all. I had the hardest time deciding whether I should cut the bottom off or not. I finally decided to just go for it because, I wanted to give it a modern look. The bottom of the dresser was super cute however if I were to add metal legs to the bottom I had to pick one or the other.
We decided to use some legs off an old rusty coffee table.
My hubby shortened them and I spray painted them a brass color.
He also made me some custom hardware for the dresser.
To paint the dresser I made some chalk paint using plaster of paris and gave the dresser three coats of paint.
We than attached the metal legs and handles and here's how it looks complete! :D I'm in love with this color!
And these handles turned out amazing! The dresser definitely looks way more modern. I'm in love!
Thank you for tuning in. I hope you enjoyed our transformation! You can check it out in more depth on my blog here - https://www.lilyardor.com/diy-dresser-makeover/

Lily Oleynik

• Flipturn

How heavy is the dresser, and how exactly are the legs attached to the underside of the dresser?

The legs do not look robust enough to support the weight.

• Carmel M Ooi

I love it. I do wonder why you didn’t use the coffee table as a base, it would have looked very MCM/vintage. I guess it might have made the piece too tall. It looks amazing.

• Susan

Love this so much even though my taste is not modern. The hunter green however looks muted or darkened unless it is just due to screen differences. Did you use any kind of darker wax or glaze over the green?