Asked on Dec 27, 2019

What do you use to clean up dog odors?

Johnavallance82Courtney |The Kitchen GartenLifestyles Homes
+7

• Pamela
    Pamela

Hi ! If you are talking about urine and poop smells clean the area with an enzyme cleaner , that can be found in a pet store or even some supermarkets . It gets rid of the smells , not just mask the smell . If you just have a stinky dog , try to bathe him more often . You can also boil some water and throw in some orange peel and cinnamon , to scent the home . Good luck !!!

• Gk
    Gk

I have found this product to be the best enzyme cleaner for dog pet stains and odors. You can purchase it in a bottle like I am showing you or in a spray bottle. You can buy just the "regular" Out Enzyme cleaner or other brands like Nature's Miracle but I find this one to work the best.

• Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

Hi Debra,

I agree with the others. Go to a pet store and find an enzyme cleaning product. They are designed to neutralize organic odors like animal smells. Wishing you the best.

• Caroline
      Caroline

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Bathe the pet as necessary and use a rug doctor carpet cleaner.

• Beth
    Beth

Others have given you some good advice. I'll mention that, if you need to disinfect something like a carpet, you can use a clothes steamer or steam iron to do so. That won't necessarily help with the smell, but it will help kill bacteria from feces if that's what's causing the smell.

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

Yes Nature’s Miracle has been a good solution for me, for decades.

It will also work on something like spilled scalloped potatoes on your backseat as you were driving to a potluck dinner, it will also work on blood, and vomit.

The area must be saturated with the product and be allowed to “live” to do its job for at least 24 hours.

• I second Nature's Miracle, and Febreze actually has a new spray with no artificial scents that is great to use as well. Good luck!

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi Debra,

Available at Pet stores.............Do ask at desk!