Make Two Amazing Projects Out Of A Cheese Box

$10

I recently picked up these old round cheese boxes. They are wood and actually really pretty! I was thinking of ways I could repurpose them, and I came up with 2 awesome ideas! They each took me under an hour to make, and they are both great decor items now. Check them out!
The first project I made was table top tray using the lid.
Table Top TrayFor the first project you'll need:
  • A drill
  • Rope
  • The cheese box lid
First drill 2 holes on each side of the lid about 4" apart from eachother.
Pull the rope though the hole and knot on the inside. Do same to the hole next to it making a rope Handel
Here's how you make the handles:
  1. Pull the end of the rope throuh the hole, and knot it tightly!
  2. Repeat this step for the other end of the rope, and in the other hole next to it.
Repeat the above steps on the other side!
Now you have a wood tray how easy is that? This would make a great Father’s Day gift!
Wall ShelfThe second project I made was a chic wall shelf.First measure the diameter of the boxes and cut a wood board to fut inside as a shelf. Mine was 15".
Place the board in the center of the box, and nail it in place. (I used 3 small nails per side.)
Next, flip the box over and attach a saw tooth hook on the back with small nails.
That's all you need to do for the shelves. They look great hung up! I decided not to stain or paint them because I really love the natural wood look.
I love both of these! I hope you like them too, and maybe give it a try yourself.
Take a look at my projects over on Gilbert Marketplace

Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

• Peggy
    Peggy

Where do you find cheese boxes?

• Gerald Davis
      Gerald Davis

Try country stores. In Moultonborough, NH, the Moultonborough Country Store sells them for $5.00. If you ever visit Lake Winnipesaukee, look them up. Great store to poke around in.

• Amanda Whitehurst
    Amanda Whitehurst

Can you use anything else besides a cheese box

• Nan
    Nan

Where do you buy cheese boxes?

• Phoenix
      Phoenix

I live in NC and I find them in the mountains, and at a "local" old country market that sells the "hoop cheese" or other large cheese that comes in the containers. Actually, I pay $3.00 each for mine & paint/stain &/or tole paint on them and give for Christmas gifts.

• Lisa
    Lisa

I have a few of those in the garage that I bought years ago at a yard sale-now I know what to do with them!

• Shelly L Nemeth
    Shelly L Nemeth

Order online but really you can buy the cheese in WI at the cheese store