Make Two Amazing Projects Out Of A Cheese Box

$10

I recently picked up these old round cheese boxes. They are wood and actually really pretty! I was thinking of ways I could repurpose them, and I came up with 2 awesome ideas! They each took me under an hour to make, and they are both great decor items now. Check them out!
The first project I made was table top tray using the lid.
Table Top TrayFor the first project you'll need:
  • A drill
  • Rope
  • The cheese box lid
First drill 2 holes on each side of the lid about 4" apart from eachother.
Pull the rope though the hole and knot on the inside. Do same to the hole next to it making a rope Handel
Here's how you make the handles:
  1. Pull the end of the rope throuh the hole, and knot it tightly!
  2. Repeat this step for the other end of the rope, and in the other hole next to it.
Repeat the above steps on the other side!
Now you have a wood tray how easy is that? This would make a great Father’s Day gift!
Wall ShelfThe second project I made was a chic wall shelf.First measure the diameter of the boxes and cut a wood board to fut inside as a shelf. Mine was 15".
Place the board in the center of the box, and nail it in place. (I used 3 small nails per side.)
Next, flip the box over and attach a saw tooth hook on the back with small nails.
That's all you need to do for the shelves. They look great hung up! I decided not to stain or paint them because I really love the natural wood look.
I love both of these! I hope you like them too, and maybe give it a try yourself.
Take a look at my projects over on Gilbert Marketplace

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps

• Peggy

Where do you find cheese boxes?

• Lynn Deen Sheffield

You may can find them in a small town grocery store in the mea market. They have the whole rolls of cheese and I have found mine there. Or just talk to manager/owner if you can purchase one or even just give it to you

• Amanda Whitehurst

Can you use anything else besides a cheese box

• Katherine L Carlton

My thought would be to keep all shelves horizontal and put small potted plants on the shelves. Then i could hang these where my cat can't eat all the plants, as she loves to do. Yes, I am very careful about plant toxicity.

• Elle

I've made several in years past. Made the ones below two years ago!