DIY Painted Wood Knobs

$7

This past summer I gave one of our bathrooms a little makeover. Its an upstairs bathroom and isn't used as much as the other two, but desperately needed some help. I had practiced a chalk paint technique on the cabinets (which I hated), the linoleum floor was ugly and it was just "blah". After some trial and error with the floor, I was able to transform the bathroom into something I loved. After the cabinets were painted, I knew they needed knobs to complete the look. I saw some knobs that I liked online, but they cost $9/per knob and I knew I could easily make them at home. I had everything I needed at home for this project, so it only cost me $7 for the knobs.
I bought these unfinished wood knobs at Home Depot for .99 cents each. Since they are unfinished, they are ready to be painted or stained, but you can lightly sand them if you want.
I taped all the way around the knob only leaving the face exposed. Then I decided on designs and taped again.
Paint your knobs with paint. I used regular craft paint. When the paint is partially dry, remove the tape and let dry completely. Continue adding tape and more colors until you are happy with your knobs.
When my knobs were completely dry, I painted on a thin layer of clear polyurethane and let dry. You can cover with clear wax or clear coat spray.
Here are my new floors and cabinet without the knobs.
The new knobs look great and just what this bathroom needed.
You can see how I painted my floor here: Bathroom Floor Makeover

30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Patsy47

TALK ABOUT CHEERFUL!!!

super well done....luvvvv it 😍

• Melinda Record

It's the little things that can have the most impact ~ these knobs are adorable and add such a nice, happy touch to this bathroom. I agree with the others about your bathroom: REFRESHING and CHEERFUL. [And I love the floor ~ too cool!!]

Thank you for sharing!