Wrapping Paper Stars

$0

Got a ton of wrapping paper odds and ends? This project is perfect for using them up whilst creating some decorations for that new year party you’ve ended up hosting. I actually had this beautiful glittery wrapping paper that I couldn’t use for presents because I realised tape wouldn’t stick to it whilst trying to wrap a gift. Fast forward to swapping out my Christmas table for new year and I remembered being in school many years ago making props for the nativity, and then a star was born. Keep reading for this crazy easy craft.

Firstly, cut yourself a square. My wrapping paper actually had those grid lines on the back which made this even easier.
Then fold it diagonally one way so that your Paper is pattern side out, unfold, and fold diagonally the other way again with pattern side facing out, and you‘ll end up with a cross.
Then fold your paper in half, pattern on the inside this time. Unfold, and fold in half the other way, pattern on inside again.
unfold your paper and using scissors, cut half way down the 4 straight lines (do not cut the diagonals!)
Turn your paper so that it is pattern side down and glue one half of a point, and then pull the other half ontop of it to make a full star point. repeat this for all 4 points.

That’s half a star done! Repeat this process and use some hot glue to glue both sides together. And continue on making various sizes.
I hung mine with some sewing thread but you could use leftover wrapping ribbon, some fisherman’s reel, or even just lay these on the table as decor.