Antler Tray Hack

$10

I love having beautiful things in my home, without breaking the budget. By being inspired by other bloggers to create their version of a designer style, I decided to give it a try. You know I’ve done a few tray makeovers, (see here ), but I’ve had my eye on this designer tray by Lauren Renfrow being sold on Layla Grayce for Times Two Designs. The cost of these trays range from $400-650.00. Yes.. I know what you’re saying — crazy right?!! For a tray????? Not Me- not in nooooooo lifetime.. but that doesn’t stop me from liking it and wanting it, but I also knew I had to make it. It took me some time to scour different thrift stores to find the right size tray, and I found one at Goodwill for $1.75.

designer inspiration
I spray painted the tray using Krylon White Gloss, but for some reason there were cracked lines that came through even though I sprayed three coats. Needless to say I was a bit annoyed.
So to cover this flaw, I used faux marble contact paper. Next up was assembling them. I found 2-hole pipe strap clamps made of galvanized steel at Lowe’s and painted them gold as well.
For a cost of $10.00 I have the look of a $600.00 tray

Jamala W