How to Make Pallet Curtain Rods

$10

When it came time to dress our bay window, I was at a crossroads. Long curtain rods in a specific desired style can be difficult to find and oftentimes expensive. This is how our bay window looked before adding the pallet curtain rods, drop cloth curtains and tie-up shades. We had the paper blinds up for, ahem, a couple of years I am afraid to say.
Your cuts will vary depending on your preference and particular pallet board sizes. Spray paint the screw eyes with black spray paint if they aren't already black. I put mine in a piece of styrofoam, but a piece of cardboard also works well. *To save you trouble, I recommend purchasing the black screw eyes as the spray paint did scrape off some when inserting the screw eyes into the pallet.
While these are drying cut your pallet pieces to equal lengths and sand them. *My pallet pieces measured 31 inches long.
Measure, mark, and drill holes for the screw eye placement and insert the screw eyes. I used pliers and put a towel between the pliers and the screw eyes to protect the paint from scratching off as best I could. I ended up with seven screw eyes in each pallet board.
Remove the curtain clip from the ring and insert one hook through each screw eye.
Find your placement for your pallet on the wall. Refer to the information above for the best curtain placement. I used a stud finder and marked the studs and height. Nail the pallets to the studs/wall with a brad nailer and 18 G nails.
Hang your curtains. I clipped my drop cloth curtains to the pallet rods and VOILA!
What a difference simple curtains make!
Here are some Drop Cloth Curtains that go perfect with these pallet curtain rods. Also here is the DIY Tie-Up Shades tutorial, featured in the picture. Thanks for reading this post! Stop by my website and say hi!
Happy DIYing,Tiffany

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Tiffany from Dream Design DIY

• Miss Daisy
    Miss Daisy

Why would you want curtains on the wall ? Not spazing , just want to know.

• Kay
      Kay
      Just now

but for collectors of paintings, watercolors, etc, this uses up space to display my collections :(

• Janine Storm
    Janine Storm

Looks nice, problem is you can not close your curtains at night time?

• Beverly
      Beverly

exactly could have placed 2 short rods, one on each side w 2 screw hooks on bothbsides rather than cut wood pallet n nails

• Yolanda Hernaiz
    Yolanda Hernaiz

How would you draw the curtains in what way if you got your curtain on a hook ?

• Linda
    Linda

I really like what you did to the windows themselves. Please share,

• DSanders
    DSanders

Tiffany, you did an amazing job!!! Seems to be exactly what you were after, thank you for sharing!

It's quite wonderful how you got the 2 in 1, the completely wide look of the window, which is beautiful! And then you've got your privacy, with the drop curtains, which seems to be what you were after! Marvelous!!!💯🏅🏆🎉