How to Make Pallet Curtain Rods

$10

When it came time to dress our bay window, I was at a crossroads. Long curtain rods in a specific desired style can be difficult to find and oftentimes expensive. This is how our bay window looked before adding the pallet curtain rods, drop cloth curtains and tie-up shades. We had the paper blinds up for, ahem, a couple of years I am afraid to say.
Your cuts will vary depending on your preference and particular pallet board sizes. Spray paint the screw eyes with black spray paint if they aren't already black. I put mine in a piece of styrofoam, but a piece of cardboard also works well. *To save you trouble, I recommend purchasing the black screw eyes as the spray paint did scrape off some when inserting the screw eyes into the pallet.
While these are drying cut your pallet pieces to equal lengths and sand them. *My pallet pieces measured 31 inches long.
Measure, mark, and drill holes for the screw eye placement and insert the screw eyes. I used pliers and put a towel between the pliers and the screw eyes to protect the paint from scratching off as best I could. I ended up with seven screw eyes in each pallet board.
Remove the curtain clip from the ring and insert one hook through each screw eye.
Find your placement for your pallet on the wall. Refer to the information above for the best curtain placement. I used a stud finder and marked the studs and height. Nail the pallets to the studs/wall with a brad nailer and 18 G nails.
Hang your curtains. I clipped my drop cloth curtains to the pallet rods and VOILA!
What a difference simple curtains make!
Here are some Drop Cloth Curtains that go perfect with these pallet curtain rods.Also if you love pallet projects you will love this Pallet Towel Hanger.Thanks for reading this post! Stop by my website and say hi!Happy DIYing,Tiffany

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY

• Tonya McIntosh

Is it even functional? Can you close the curtains? Or is it strictly for looks?

• Sandy Ressel

Would somebody please answer Karen and Mary before they spaz out?

• Mary Perez

Any ideas on making a counter height table??? Something long and not so wide that goes against the wall?

• Mamma

this is a site about how to make curtain holders from pallets. Maybe you should post your question on the Hometalk page. Good luck.....

• PatriciaNavarrete

Maybe

• Victoria

Thank you for this idea! I have been trying to figure out how to finish my bay window in my dining room makeover! And to top it off, I have pallets on hand! Yippee!

• Oh yah! I struggled so much with what to do with my bay window too. That’s why I ended up just sewing those tie up shades because I couldn’t find anything that would work. Have fun with the project!