Bathroom Update

$2000
Advanced

So a couple months back I painted our bathroom vanity Benjamin Moore Hale Navy and switched out the mirror. Several weeks later we found a leak in our garage, and realized it was coming from the same bathroom. There was a hairline crack in the tub. We had to replace the tub and so I couldn’t decide if we should repair the tub (and risk it leaking again) and save money or replace the whole unit. We finally decide to replace the unit. Then I couldn’t decide if I just wanted to do the same white fiberglass unit or get a tub and put subway tile around it. After doing a poll on Instagram, I decided to do the white subway tile. My husband cut out the old unit and put in a ReBath tub and then we subbed out the subway tile. Then my husband put the fixtures back on. I love the way it turned out!
1 Before
2 The poll I took on Instagram.
3 Another poll I did
4 Trying to decide on what subway tile to choose
6 Working on the tile
7 continued
8 continued
9 Done with the tile, need to install fixtures
10 Installed handheld and other fixtures

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer

• Wandamurline

Did you use some kind of waterproofing on the walls before installing the tiles....the grout is porous and will leak at some point behind the tiles over time.

• Mary McDonald

We had ours ripped out and replaced also. They put a big green water board on the walls before tiling.

• Dawn Russell

Can you tell us how your husband removed the old tub? I’m wanting to install a shower to replace the tub, but can’t figure out how to remove the old one. It looks just like yours.

• Boyd Hall

I do this kind of work also, One way to keep fiberglass dust from going everywhere is to have a windex type spray bottle with water and keep the areas being cut wet. We use two people. One cuts the other wets. Good luck.

• Christine Lalande

It sort of is about asking what I could do to upgrade the look of our bath wall tiles at a very low cost; can I paint these? Is it feasible to do so by applying a sealant over after? Would it "stick"? I was thinking of just giving a thorough cleaning to clean the grout especially and then add a small pattern or string design to beauty up the blandness of the wall but only on a few of the tiles. We rent at the moment so we are limited in what we can do since I personally was hoping for a tub surround...