How To Organize A Slide Out Pantry

$40

Being disorganized can ruin your life, either you do it intentionally or unintentionally. Either way, if you are not organized you are wasting half of your life messing up with your own created mess. That's how I felt when I was looking for something in my pantry and couldn't find it at all. With kids, you need to be even more organized. I couldn't take it anymore and ran straight ran to our nearest dollar store where I spent almost $40 and the results are surprisingly adorable!Let me share my pantry organization experience with you...
That was my pantry before. Yikes! Looks both ugly and messy.These are the steps I followed to organize my pantry:1- Clear and Reevaluate Your Needs: I took everything out of my pantry and reevaluated my family's needs so I could get rid of things we really didn't need have in the pantry.2- Clean And Purge: After you get everything out, clean your pantry nicely and put your food in groups and purge the ones you are not going to use anymore or going to discontinue moving forward. Fore example: We no longer use cereal in our home (as they are not really healthy for the kids), instead we make fresh whole grain bread to feed them in the morning.
I put all my food in two groups.. Perishable and non perishable.3- Use Liners to make your shelving Pretty. Use non-slip liners to make your shelving and pull out drawers looking pretty. They also help to protect your shelves.
I used this liner and really liked it. It was from Walmart.4- Place your food back into the pantry following a system: Place your lighter food on top so you can easily grab them, and heavy items on the bottom. Also, put your bread separate in an extra bin so you can save it from getting smashed.
I re-purposed these laundry baskets for our flour and basmati rice.5 Use Labels: If your kids can read labels, then use written labels. Otherwise, use picture labels.
I used chalkboard labels. They look super cute!
That is the final result. So much nicer and less time consuming to find items.
I am totally in love with my pantry again! Here is the blog post link if you would like to read the whole nitty gritty detail about organizing a small pantry.
Here is my video for you, showing the whole process.

Bushra

• JANET E.

WHERE DID YOU GET THE SLIDING SHELVES? MAYBE I MISSED THE INFO. THANK YOU SO MUCH.....GREAT IDEA.....

• Bushra

Yes Joyce, it is built like that however, you can buy slider from Amazon and build it yours as well. I will share the post once I finish it with you guys as we are putting slid out shelving in our garage.

• Sharon Smith Breland

Where did you purchase the bins for the flour & rice? I love those!!

• Bushra

Robyn, Thank you so much for you so nice and detailed answer. I really appreciate that. Thank you for not assuming things and being so uplifting with your wordings.

• Sandra Ross Warren

Nice result. Question...Do you have opened mayonnaise in there? Unrefridgerated?

• Bushra

I have learned that by experience and absolutely agree with you Katie. I was putting everything in the Fridge and my husband was forgetting t o do the same that's how I learned....lol

• Kerry

I need this--but I also need labels "Salty snacks" and "Sweet Snacks" because my pantry gets overrun by my teens and husband who squish half bags of pretzels or pita chips or whatever back in wherever they can.

• Brenda Earls Morgan
    3 hours ago

Looks great! Thank you.I will reorganize mine real soon.

• Bushra
      17 minutes ago

Thank you and don't forget to share with me, please!