Teal Ombre Dresser As TV Stand

$100

Using large long sturdy dresser as entertainment units is a popular trend to repurpose a dresser and have lots of hidden storage. Painting the dresser also makes it even more one of a kind. I offer FREE detailed tutorials for painted furniture & decor on my blog. Here is the latest dresser details
This super sturdy wooden dresser was chosen from my stock to paint to be used as a TV stand. The customer also wanted a certain shade of teal blues so chose her own and brought them to me to create the one of a kind paint job.The dresser was repaired with wood filler then power sanded smooth and scrubbed clean all ready for painting.
Dixie Belle paint in antebellum blue was the base color brushed on in two coats. Here is the first solid coat going on.
To give an ombre or blended look with another shade of blue, Dixie Belle's peacock was added around the edges and blended in.
To seal the paint, a clear wax was hand rubbed in all over except the top which first had a clear coat of poly for added protection before the clear wax.The customer thought she wanted the hardware spray painted silver but above I showed the original antique gold and she loved it with the blues so it was kept original.
To add further dimension, dark wax was added around the edges as well as kept a more vintage worn look too.
The piece turned out lovely don't you think? See more of my one of a kind dressers HERE
You can find the detailed tutorial blog of this piece on the blog linked below or using this address
https://creativemoments10.blogspot.com/2020/01/dresser-in-shades-of-teal-blue.html

Creative Moments

• Socorro

Where do we find the paint?

• Em

Since you didn't change out the hardware, why did it cost $100 to paint it?

• Susan Matejka

If you check out the materials used for this project, according to Amazon, it would be $150+ without the cost of a sander.

• Creative Moments

the cost estimate was for all the products and the dresser purchase and again a low estimate

• Mary McDonald

Plus! My daughter being an artist, you charge an hourly wage in how long it took to complete. Good art or workmanship is Not cheap. Anyone can slap poor quality paint on something. And although you read the post in 2 minutes, I’m sure it took a heck of a lot longer to complete.

• Charlotte mendoza

Beautiful! I’ve done many remodels in the past, had an accident & stopped. But I’m really getting the “itch” to try again! This is extraordinary! The older style, and the intensely beautiful color! What shade is it and which paint brand did you use? I’d like to look at it, next to coordinates in its color family. I think you accomplished a huge WOW from me. I’d love to see more pieces of your work, if you don’t mind! Thank you for such gorgeous inspiration! ⭐️

WOW. It's gorgeous. Love the idea of color blending. I agree the the brass hardware really accents the color. Silver would have been lost.

• Rocky H

Just awesome! Nice to see such beautiful colors! I am so tired of white!

• Creative Moments

I am with you on that.. so many of my customers want white but color surely makes it one of a kind!