How can I clean and refresh exotic mixed wood furniture?

+15

I need everyone's very best advice! I have a dining room set constructed by a top furniture make 50 years ago in mid century modern style. The table top and front of the buffet is made with various mixed exotic woods such ebony, cut out and inlaid with each other. I do not know if each wood was stained separately and then constructed (I doubt), each section masked and stained separately or if the woods have been left natural with a shiny finish (unknown product) on top.I want to keep the furniture as is - I love wood in nice condition and the mid century lines. But, the pieces are terribly dirty and dried out. They've been in a smoker's house and left dusty for decades. What do you all suggest I do to thoroughly clean the wood and recondition it WITHOUT scratching the finish or changing the color of the wood??? (other than the detailing coming to life by new conditioning).There are no areas of the furniture where the woods are mixed other than the focal views, so I can't secretly test anything where it won't be seen.

q exotic mixed wood furniture how to clean and refresh safely