Bedroom Moulding Design Feature Wall

$20

Check out this easy bedroom feature wall that only costs around $20! This project can be made into any pattern or colour of your choosing and requires minimal supplies. Transform your bedroom with this fun one-day project!

Here's our master bedroom when we moved into our home. It felt so dark and small... will it even fit our king size bed? I guess we'll find out!

One of the first things we did when moving in was painting this bedroom. This "sea salt" colour paint made the room feel twice as big!

Clearly our king bed DID fit and our cat, Jasmine, is enjoying the room as well!

After a few months, I decided that this room could use a feature wall. The sloped ceilings made it a little difficult to decide what would look good. Maybe a stencil or wallpaper? Or maybe a moudling design!

I decided to go with a diamond moulding design. I knew that I could achieve this easily by using some 8' framing lumber. First, I lightly drew the pattern on the wall and measured how many pieces of wood I would need. Then, I headed to Home Depot and bought 8 of these 1"x2"x8' boards.

Since this is a small room, I went with a white for the feature wall. I think that a dark accent colour would look awesome for a bigger room, but knew that going darker in our bedroom would make it look smaller again.

This is the paint I used from Home Hardware's Beauti-Tone line. I started by painting the wall with one coat. (I used less than 1/4 gallon)

Next, the boards were painted with one coat of the white paint before putting them up.

I used the awkward sloped ceilings to my advantage by using their angle for the diamond pattern! Each board is nailed to the wall with 2" finishing nails.

Almost done!

After all the boards were up, I did a second coat of paint on the wood pieces to cover up the nails.

Voila! Our master bedroom feels so cozy and spacious with this fresh coat of white paint and new feature wall!

For more ideas and ongoing projects, follow along on Instagram and Facebook!

Insta: @farmhouse.ongunnshill

Facebook: Lauren Ann Design

~Lauren

Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July

• Mimi Lafeurs

Very beautiful! Congrats. Makes the room look high end

• Elisa

Did you miter the pieces to fit or cut them in broken spaces?

• Linda

I'd love to do this but I don't have a long unbroken wall in my bedroom

The longest wall has a huge window in the middle of it.the wall behind my bed again s big widow .the other long wall has my walk in closet with slidind doors and the last wall a door way in it to my dressing room.

So no walls available.

Then, a light bulb!!

Would it be too labor intensive to put it on the ceiling???

I'm a 73 yr old widow woman so I'll have to convince faiml and friend to do it.

• Dee

Absolutely beautiful. Wish I had someone to help me do this.

• Fran

Absolutely Beautiful. My grandmother that passed recently had a barn shaped home where the bedrooms were upstairs and the ceiling was shaped exactly like yours. They were dark and this idea would have been perfect. Thankyou for sharing your Awesome Project. :)