Wood Coaster

$30

I’ve been wanting to make some beautiful wood coasters for our home. After I came across Scorch Markers, it seemed the time had come to create!
The kit I received came with 3 Scorch markers, and 4 small wood slices. (Perfect for coasters!)-side note, I originally planned on using a lighter to heat the design, but ended up using my stove top burner instead. 😊
The next step is to draw your design onto the wood. I just used a pencil and lightly drew my design freehand. I have seen others use stencils for their design which is a great option and they turn out beautifully!
After you trace your design using your Scorch marker, you add heat to the design.
The company recommends using a heat gun. I don’t have one just yet, so I used my stove top burner. I used metal tongs and held my wood slices about an inch above the burner (design facing down) and moved it in circles around the burner as the design started to darken.
I plan to use these as coasters, so I applied a few coats of matte polycrilic over the design to help protect them from water damage.

Each coaster only took about 10 minutes to make-from start to finish.

15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?

• Sunny
    Sunny

OMG! This is amazing!! I never heard of such a pen! Oh the ideas are spinning in my head! I do woodworking and now I have a whole new avenue!! Love your designs, too! Thank you!! I am going to try with my gas stove before I buy a hot gun. Do you think that would work? Can't wait to order my pen and get started! 😃

• Sunny
      Sunny

I think I will invest in a heat gun. 😉👍😯. Thanks!!

• Kay Camenisch
    Kay Camenisch

How long did you have to hold it over the heat to get desired results?

• Bek
    Bek

How have I never heard of scorch markers before??? Well, now that I have, my mind is spinning like a mad thing on its little hamster wheel! Coasters, signs, even (maybe) wooden buttons!

• Patty
    Patty

Beautiful!