DIY Hat Wall Display

$13

This DIY Hat Wall Display is easy to create and a great way to decorate a blank wall with all of your favorite hats!
Happy new year!Today I’m sharing my first post for the new year and the new decade.And I’m really excited about how it turned out!Yesterday I convinced Roger to help me hang the  metal hooks I bought last year in our closet so that I could display all of my hats.
And yes, I could have totally done this on my own, but I trusted Roger’s balance more than my own to operate a drill on a tall ladder.Luckily it took under half an hour to get this hat wall display all set up.
Creating this DIY hat wall display was as easy as…
  1. Placing  painters tape where I wanted the hooks to be drilled into the wall.
  2. Using a measuring tape to make sure the painter’s tape marks were evenly spaced.
  3. Drilling the hooks into the wall.
  4. And finally arranging the hats on the hooks.
Before we started Roger wasn’t so sure about how it would turn out, but he admitted when I was finished that it looked really good.Thanks Rog!
You can read the rest of the post and find links to all of the products in these pictures by clicking here.

Giustina

• Dora

How do you prevent the hats from sagging after hanging for a while?

• RC Leach

I would just turn them a few degrees, and all the same direction (clockwise, or counter-clockwise), every week or so, or maybe you could insert a cross section of a plastic bottle, or similar round object, especially for the one(s) with ribbons hanging down.

• Linda Keener

I have my hats hanging in my entry hall of my apartment. When I walk out I grab the hat I want & coming in I gang it back up. I have my nephews hats hanging lower,so when I have him over he does the same,choose a hat going out & hanging it back up coming in! No hats laying around

• Sabrina

Love the balance this adds to the black ladder in the corner, too! Great idea! I think I like the ladder best of all and you could display ANYTHING beside it, from hats to jewelry!