DIY - Plant Wall

$60
1 Day

Hello everyone and....Happy New Year !  There is a wall that divides my main floor. I always hated it! Not only is it at an angle, which makes me lose a lot of space, but in addition, it has three different heights!I really want to demolish it, and probably that one day I will... But for now, I decided to highlight it and make it useful.
Why the hell would I want to highlight something I hate? My art teacher often repeated that we had to accentuate errors or what we didn't like to justify it. I put into practice what he taught me.

I used 1 x 8 pine planks. I took the measurements of my wall and I cut the boards using my miter saw. As it is raw wood, it was quite difficult to adjust everything... But by dint of patience and a few swear words, I did it!Once I was sure everything was straight, I screwed the shelf into the wall.After having sanded the rough edges with # 80, I hide all the holes with dark Plastic Wood.I sanded everything with # 150 when dry.
I couldn't help but put on a few plants, just to see what it would look like when finished.
I stained my shelves with American Walnut by Saman and I applied a layer of Minwax, special dark.
I installed Ikea's LEDBERG LED spots in the shelving. I drilled holes to let the wires pass through the wood.
I hid all the wires with Ikea's UPPLEVA Cord cover strip.
And here is the final result ! I have so much nice comments about this project ! Everybovy loves my new wall !
Hope you enjoyed ! Xxx

• Dee

I adore this project! Especially when there are plants and beauty...I AM 'GREEN'WITH ENVYYYY!tfs

• [re]FɄB19

Hahaha ! I am building plant stand for more plants. I had more and I didn't know what to do with them, so I decided to build something... Then I realized I didn't have enough plants for my new stand... so I bought 3 new ones today!!! :p

• Sarge
    6 minutes ago

Love it!