DIY - Plant Wall

$60
1 Day

Hello everyone and....Happy New Year !  There is a wall that divides my main floor. I always hated it! Not only is it at an angle, which makes me lose a lot of space, but in addition, it has three different heights!I really want to demolish it, and probably that one day I will... But for now, I decided to highlight it and make it useful.
Why the hell would I want to highlight something I hate? My art teacher often repeated that we had to accentuate errors or what we didn't like to justify it. I put into practice what he taught me.

I used 1 x 8 pine planks. I took the measurements of my wall and I cut the boards using my miter saw. As it is raw wood, it was quite difficult to adjust everything... But by dint of patience and a few swear words, I did it!Once I was sure everything was straight, I screwed the shelf into the wall.After having sanded the rough edges with # 80, I hide all the holes with dark Plastic Wood.I sanded everything with # 150 when dry.
I couldn't help but put on a few plants, just to see what it would look like when finished.
I stained my shelves with American Walnut by Saman and I applied a layer of Minwax, special dark.
I installed Ikea's LEDBERG LED spots in the shelving. I drilled holes to let the wires pass through the wood.
I hid all the wires with Ikea's UPPLEVA Cord cover strip.
And here is the final result ! I have so much nice comments about this project ! Everybovy loves my new wall !
Hope you enjoyed ! Xxx

Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• RichandTammy Whiteside

I love what you did here! Rather than tear the wall out, why not just remove the drywall and continue on with what you did? You're obviously handy so you know it will turn out awesome!

• [re]FɄB19

Thanks ! I want to redo the kitchen and the floors... This wall will be removed, but the plant shelving will be reinstalled on the new wall.