DIY Embroidery Hoop Wreath

$35

Embroidery hoop wreaths are an easy DIY project that will bring a brightness to your home. Only a few supplies needed to make this statement decor piece. Perfect for party decor or in the home, you will find yourself making more and more of these gorgeous wreaths.
I am so excited to share this simple DIY wreath project with you today. Embroidery hoop wreaths are all the rage right now and after making mine, I understand why! This project takes no time at all to make and is so gorgeous when finished. This wreath has been on my ever-growing projects to make list for some time now. The opportunity to make one just hadn’t come along yet, until now!
I have been planning to put together a whiskey bar perfect for entertaining and was carefully putting together my styling ideas. I knew that I wanted a big wreath for the focal point that had those beautiful fall colors. As I scrolled through Pinterest for inspiration all I kept seeing were gorgeous embroidery hoop wreaths. Next thing you know, I was off to the craft store! I came out of the store happier than when I went in, for the first time I didn’t spend my whole paycheck. I barely needed any supplies at all! Easy to make, inexpensive and gorgeous result. A DIY project doesn’t get much better than that.
I used a 27″ quilting hoop because I wanted a large wreath. Embroidery and quilting hoops come in all sizes and this project can easily be made in a smaller size. Also, I am using floral wire because I feel it is the easiest, but you can also use hot glue or even zip ties.
Do a quick plan of how you would like your flowers and leaves placed. I chose to cover the screws but it can be a great way to hang your wreath if you choose to not cover it.
Start by laying the green leaves in place. Using the wire cutters, cut off any extra branch. Cut five, four-inch pieces of floral wire. Wrap around the branches on either side of the screw blocks and through the middle. Secure the green leaves to the curved part of the hoop on either side so it takes on the curved shape.
When wrapping the leaves with the floral wire, it helps to wrap it once and twist the tails together very tightly. This will hold it in place while you wrap the rest of the wire around.
Cut the autumn leaves into individual branches. Cut a piece of four-inch floral wire for every autumn leaf branch you have. Lay them over the green leaves staggered a bit so that it covers the center.
Using the floral wire, wrap around the two branches securing the autumn leaves to the green leaves.
Cut the yellow flowers into individual branches and tuck them into the leaves. Secure with floral wire.
Once all the yellow flowers are secured you are done! How easy was that!? My hoop wreath took about 15 minutes to make. A great DIY project is one that looks this gorgeous and doesn’t make you want to pull your hair out while making it. The options for color combination are endless which makes this project so fun to make.

Kaylene

• Lillyrose

Thanks so much for the full picture of the wreath. It is very pretty and is something I can make.

• Deb

Yes.