DIY Wood Love Sign

$10

I've had these wood letters for about 10 years. I had hung at the end of a hallway in our old house. They've been several different colors, but I decided to give them a new look (again) and I'm so glad I did because I love how they turned out.
They were painted black with regular craft paint, but I was ready to add color to these letters again.
I cleaned all the dust off my letters and painted with craft paint. Chalk paint would have covered the black better, but I didn't have chalk paint in the colors I wanted.
Continue adding layers of paint to your letters until you are happy with how they look. Make sure to let dry completely in between layers.
I decided to add something fun to one of the letters with this decoupage paper. You can use tissue paper, scrapbook paper, napkins or even wrapping paper for this part.
Add some Mod Podge to your letter and then add the decorative paper.
I used a cloth to smooth out the paper.
I let the Mod Podge dry completely and then used a piece of sandpaper to gently go over the edges and the extra paper came right off.

When you are happy with how your decoupaged letter looks, seal it with more Mod Podge.
I used black paint to add some details to my letters and let dry completely.
I arranged my letters and used superglue to connect them. You can also add popsicle sticks to the back to secure them even more, but I was eager to hang them up, so skipped this step.
I used Command hooks to attach the sign to the wall. What do you guys think? Do you love it as much as I do?

20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Perfectly Round Tables
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Ann

I love this and I’m going to try it. I’m picky. The large side of the V is supposed to be on the left, though.

• Debbie

I made something like this for my bathroom. I did shower . turned out cute like this