Measuring Cup Organization

$15

This weekend we tackled a quick kitchen refresh that involved replacing all of our kitchen hardware and installing a new faucet. As always, in the middle of crunch time, I decided it would be a good idea to add another project in. Luckily this one was pretty quick and easy!
This project solved not 1, but 2 problems. Our drawers are packed so baking always turns into a stressful activity that involves rummaging through drawers to find the right measuring cup. Anyone else struggle to find the right measuring cup every time you cook or bake?? This simple measuring cup organization took them out of the drawers and onto the door of one of our kitchen cabinets. Every cup has it's spot, which means no more struggling to find the right size!
Alright, let's start DIYing!P.S. For 5 ideas on how to update your kitchen on a budget, check out this post: https://www.craftedbythehunts.com/update-a-kitchen-on-a-budget
1. Mark where your shelves are using blue tape.
2. Determine how many rows of measuring cups you will have.
3. Make your labels. We cut ours on our Cricut using vinyl.
4. Start with the lowest row. Grab the largest measuring spoon and hold it on your door based on where you want the bottom of it to hang.
5. Grab your blue tape and mark the top of the measuring spoon.
6. Tape a line across your entire cabinet door that lies just underneath where you marked in step 5. We used our laser level to make sure that it was straight, but you can also measure from the bottom on both sides to make the measurement is equal.
7. Place your Command hooks right above the blue tape that you placed in step 6. If you aren't sure what spacing you want between spoons and cups, you can tape your labels up to mock up the spacing and then place your Command hooks underneath the labels.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 until you have all of your Command hooks in place.
9. Remove all of the blue tape on your cabinets.
10. Place your labels above your Command hooks.
11. Hang your measuring cups and enjoy!

Zoe Hunt

• Carmi

how do I clean my dining room chairs that are material

• Lee

Wrong place for your question Cami. Delete here and enter at the bottom of the page.

• Ilene

I love this idea. I've done it with my pot lids so I don't have to bend over and dig around in the cabinet. (Apt. - no pull out shelves) I did measuring cups today. I did what Mary did; taped cups to the door to make sure it would close properly. Oops! More than one adjustment.

How do you upload a photo from MacBook photo album?

• Dale

We did this in our pantry but we used 1 inch clip rings to hold the different sets of spoons or the sets of cups together and the ring hangs on the hook. We have 12 sets hanging.

• Pamela

Thx for the idea! We have new cabinets, & I am slowly organizing to make kitchen tasks easier! This is on my list to do!