Mid Century Dresser in Greys - Upcycle

$70

This dresser was a score! I found it at value village  for 9$.... it needed love for sure but who wouldn’t attempt to at that price ?! my vision for this was my usual safe zone, white and brown wood. BUT thankfully country chic paint sent me a can of lazy linen to try on a piece of mine, so I thought I’d give it a shot! I’d love to hear what you think. I’d love the support and feedback also on my Instagram! So give me a follow 😍 and comment on my post 3 thumbs up if you found me through my HOMETALK! thanks for the support!
this beauty took some work to get to this point.
This was the before shot I took in the local value village as I paid for it!
Take a gander at this bondo patch job on some very rough finished wood. This stuff works amazing! And sands down to butter 🧈 unfortunately it’s smelly so gotta do it outside.
These legs were made pretty with some varathane special walnut stain!
Any light colour with take probably a good 3-4 coats of paint and 1 coat of primer.
STEPS :
  1. sand and prime - dewalt orbital sander with 80 grit
  2. bondo patch job
  3. sand some more, for the bondo use a bondo specific 330 grit sand sponge
  4. prime with country chic primer, drawers and frame.
  5. coat x3-4 times, sand in between coats for extra smooth finish.
  6. strip the 3 middle drawers
  7. stain with varathane sun bleached ! - turns to a grey ish colour
  8. coat with country chics top coat and foam sponge. Or foam brush!
  9. stage to beautify!!

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year

• PatC
    PatC

Absolutely love the finished look of this piece. And equally as well, the birch tree print with the old window frame in front. Totally worth the effort!

• Maria
    Maria

I had this dresser when I was a child. It was a hand me down. Funny to see it on here because I have been searching for another to replace it for years. Brought back great memories.