Asked on Jan 4, 2020

Can I upcycle a galvanized tub for use as towel storage?

Chloe CrabtreeDeb KJohnavallance82
+6

Can I nail it to a wall?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com
    FrugalFamilyTimes.com

It sure can! You'll want to pre-drill the holes, but go for it!

• Gk
    Gk

Great idea Phyllis! You would want to make sure you were nailing/screwing it into studs so that it wouldn't come down accidently. I would use screws and washers rather than nails! And as suggested: Predrill the holes in the galvanized tub first!

• Janice
    Janice

Hi Phyllis, Yes, a can or "tub" could be attached to the wall and would be a unique idea. Depending on the weight, it might be better to use screws or anchors instead of nails.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Hi Phyllis,

What an interesting project!

You sure can do this, and as the others have said, predrill the screws, use washers and mount the tub into the studs.

• Em
    Em

Sure you can nail it. You can also add a shelf in the middle if you want by measuring the length and cutting a board to fit and screwing it in place from the outside. Find a stud to nail it to with a stud finder or use wall anchors you get for a DIY store.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I would use screws. This would be so cute.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi,

It can be screwed to the wall, but I would imagine it might be better to hang it via a hook onto the wall. You may have to drill a hole or two in the Tub to take the hook or Hooks Good luck..

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Phyllis, you sure can, it's all the rage right now,

https://knickoftime.net/2016/08/farm-supply-diy-bathroom-shelf.html

• Chloe Crabtree
    Chloe Crabtree

There is no reason you cannot nail this to a wall. You may want to make sure you are attaching it to a stud within the wall.