Embroidered Woven Wall Hanging

$5

Most of us have some woven textiles at home and I came up with a great way to use one. I've had this woven textile for a long time and I've used it all over my house. I've set it under vases and picture frames on different tables around the house. I love the pastel colors in it, but wanted a new way to show it off. I decided to add some embroidery to it with yarn and I love how it turned out.
This is the woven piece I used. You can use a little woven rug or placemat for this project as long as the weaving isn't too loose. Thread a large needle with yarn of your choice.
I added my message freehand, but you can use a marker to draw it on and then simply go over with the yarn. Tie a knot at the end of your yarn and stick through the back where your word or design starts.
I made this pretty quickly, but used a chain stitch to write out my message. I like how it looked, but wanted the letters to be thicker, so I added another chain stitch right next to the first one. You can see the difference with the letters.
When I was finished with the words, I added a couple lines to the top and bottom of this wall hanging. I also started making a bunch of tassels with the same yarn.
I added my tassels to the bottom of my wall hanging. I used my needle to pull one piece of yarn through the textile and tied with a double knot in the back.
I tied the top to a wooden dowel for hanging. You can add yarn to the top of the wall hanging to tie to your dowel if it doesn't have any.
Now, hang your wall hanging and enjoy your custom piece of home décor!
I hope you get the chance to make an embroidered wall hanging of your own because they really are easy. I have more wall hanging ideas here:https://www.lostmom.org/?s=wall+hanging

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom