Asked on Jan 6, 2020

How can I build a spherical mobile from which to hang ornaments?

Johnavallance82Lifestyles HomesSharon
+5

I want to create a spherical mobile that I can hang gold ornaments from the White House Historical Ass. They are so beautiful and I would like to see them all year, and have room to add more of them. I receive them as gifts from my daughter.

• Gk
    Gk

Hello Rosie! Perhaps you could use wooden embroidery hoops. You can purchase them in different sizes so you should be able to find a size that works for you. You can use just the inner circle so there is no screw hardware to see.

• Rosie
    Rosie

Thanks Gk I like that idea. I wish they were about 1" wide. Your brilliant.

• Sharon
    Sharon

You can also pick up those embroidery hoops at thrift stores, I see them all the time at St. Vinnies.

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

You could make a paper mache sphere and perhaps put a bent wire coat hanger in it, so that it has a center hanging hook that is anchored all the way through the paper mache core.

The sphere can be painted or decoupaged easily and I would look at cup hooks (glued in) to hang the ornaments.

• Rosie
      Rosie

Great idea and fun too. I could paper mache 3 wider strips, using a large bowl, or some other form, then work from there. How fun. You are brilliant.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello Rosie,

Use Wire Coat hangers. Form into circles and wire or tie them in position. You can use as few or many as you can manage. Turn all the hooks to make one and either hang items from as it or wind wool or string in and out ot cover with paper or fabric, or you could look out for a circular lampshade, or Kitchen Cullender might do. Enjoy the journey................

• Rosie
      Rosie

You are so clever, and I will enjoy this journey. Thank you.