Asked on Jan 8, 2020

How can I clean my glass oven door without leaving streaks?

EmBetsyLinda
+5

I have tried cleaning my inside glass oven door & every time it comes out streaky. Why? I use Windex. I even tried plain water, still the same thing. Can you help? Thank you !...Mateline

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

I have heard that vinegar will do the job.

William

I use baking soda and vinegar. Sprinkle baking soda on the door. Pour vinegar on the baking soda. You can use a spray bottle. I used a sponge soaked in vinegar and squeezed over the door. Let it sit, foam, and work for a while.

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=clean%20oven%20door

• Hi, Madeline!

Try Dawn dishwashing liquid and warm water applied with a sponge then removed with a squeegee. There may be lingering grease on the glass that is making the streaks... I hope this helps!

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

A find microfiber cloth and water will do the trick. See if you can find one that is similar to the type of cloth that comes with glasses & sunglasses. I have some "SuperCloth" which is fantastic and also can be used on mirrors, windows, screens, and stainless steel.

• Linda
    Linda

Try steam cleaning the door if all else fails.

Betsy

Hi Madeline: I use Dawn and warm water. Just be sure to rinse completely a couple of times. Then, you can use another rinse of vinegar. Don't use paper towels as they have an oil in them and don't use a cloth that you have used fabric softener on when washing. That also leaves streaks. Good luck.

• Em
    Em

Always dry with a microfiber towel. It is not the cleaning that leaves streaks no matter WHAT cleaner or method you use. Dry with a microfiber cloth and it will ALWAYS be streak free. Same for microwave, stainless appliances and glass cooktops.