Upcycled Coffee Table

$10

I purchased this coffee table on Facebook Marketplace for $8.

It was wobbly so I had to use nails to secure (even though I didn’t want to) The first thing I always do is clean and sanitize using a Lysol wipe (not pictured)

I didn’t like the gold trim. I wanted to paint legs and frame.

I gathered my supplies, paint brushes, tape, wood putty, spackle tool, paint tray and Rub and buff silver leaf metallic finish etc (I didn’t end up using the Plaster Chalk paint pictured)

This paint was purchased at Lowe’s. It was sitting on a shelf reduced as an “Opps” item. I paid $2 for a quart. I actually like using flat paint because it lends itself to a chalky-like finish without the cost. You can make your own chalk paint. I use warm water mixed with Plaster of Paris. Then add paint. Mix well.

Painted teal. Rub and Buff applied.

Here it is completed. I love the two tone design. It’s the perfect sized coffee table. Although I may sell this piece on Marketplace.

Living/Dining room view with Christmas decor.

Additional view.

• Jose

Looks good! What's the blend ratio for your chalk paint formula? water:plaster:paint. I'd like not use all my supplies just trying to figure that out. Thanks

• Wanda Nieves

Sooo excited!! Thank you for this. I'm in P.R and it's hard for me to find chalk paint.

• Jo-Jo

I love the table. I want to buy it. Where do you live?

• Helen

I’m sorry I made it for my grandsons. Just check out thrift stores for stool paint stencil wala