DIY Geode Coasters

$5
1 Day

These beauties may look intricate and complicated to make, but it’s all a lie!

Read on to see just how easy it is! And if you prefer to follow a video, see my YouTube link below!

I also have a new Etsy Shop that I recently opened so please take a look you get a chance

Super easy to make!

YOUTUBE

For my step by step video for this tutorial click above

Please also like and subscribe

WHAT YOU’LL NEED

Materials used:

MIX YOUR RESIN

Measure out equal parts of resin and hardener into your plastic mixing jug, starting with your hardener. You shouldn’t need more than 400ml of fully mixed resin, therefore 200ml of hardener and 200ml of resin.

Combine and mix well for at least 5 mins.

MIX YOUR COLOURS

Split the resin between 6 mini silicone cups and colour 5 of them to your liking leaving 1 clear.I coloured mine as follows:

• Cup 1 - Glittery teal
  • Cup 2 - Antique gold
  • Cup 3 - Deep teal
  • Cup 4 - White
  • Cup 5 - A mix of 3 glitters
  • Cup 6 - Clear

POUR YOUR RESIN

Now add each colour to each of your 4 molds. However, don’t use up all of your resin in one go. Start with just one layer.

I like to start with the center colour and then the outside colour and carry on from there. Add rings of colour in any order you like.

To see how I filled my coaster molds, check out my YouTube video using my links in this post.

BUBBLE POPPING

Pop some bubbles using your blow torch and then blend your rings using your heat gun.

REPEAT

Repeat the earlier steps adding more resin rings. Then add the clear resin to spread and blend all the colours.

CURING

Blend and pop some more bubbles before leaving your coasters to cure for at least 12 hours.

DEMOLD

All that’s left to do now is demold and fall in love! It’s that easy!

MORE ABOUT ME

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my project and please also check out my:

• Instagram, @hannah_somerville88
  • YouTube (link above)
  • Etsy Shop (link in opening paragraph)

Happy crafting! X

3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items

• Robin Tassone
    Robin Tassone

I'm about to watch your you tube video, but would like to know if you can see light through these? By the way, absolutely gorgeous!!

• Hannah Somerville
      Hannah Somerville

Awesome thank you! And yes, they are slightly transparent in the middle. You can choose to make them more transparent by adding less colour pigments at the mixing stage. The more colour you add, the darker and harder to see through them they become. X

• Susan Younger
    Susan Younger

Wonderful. How many coasters do you get out of the batch of 1/2 c hardener and 1/2 cup resin?

• Cary
    Cary

What else could you use for the molds? The ones you use seem very project specific.

• Laura
    Laura

Very pretty

• Bronxgirlcl
    Bronxgirlcl

It might be cheaper to buy the coasters because the things you need to make these are very expensive.

• J
      J

These would make great gifts. When you tell everyone that you made them yourself, there will be a huge whooo hoooo factor!!!!!