Asked on Jan 11, 2020

How can I make over a lifetime table?

Fiddledd224BetsyDee
+5

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Do you have a photo you can share to help us think of ideas for you? :)

• Chloe Crabtree

I don't know what a Lifetime table is, if you share a photo, perhaps I can help.

• Tinyshoes

Dee....I am unsure what type table you have....a picture would be great! Thanks

• If you just want to strip off old polish/wax and rejuvenate the wood, mineral spirits will do the trick. You apply it with a rag. If you're unsure if this is the look you want, test it in an inconspicuous spot first.

• Dee

It's one of those folding white tables. It's about 20 years old

Hi Dee: For regular cleaning, mild dish soap and a damp cloth is all you need to keep your Lifetime table looking as good as new. For greasy food residues, a mild abrasive, such as Soft Scrub or Barkeepers Friend and a non-scratching pad will do the trick. You can also try a Magic Eraser. Or, if it's stained, Scrub the plastic using water and a mild detergent. Fill a sink or basin with soapy water and a little bleach. Apply rubbing alcohol to set-in stains and allow it to stand. Mix baking soda and water together to form a paste, using a sponge to scrub it into the plastic. This is particularly effective for oil stains. Good luck

• Fiddledd224

For a makeover, collect photos of what you envision the made over table to look like and then make a list of materials you need to do the project. Take a good photo to a craft store or home improvement store for advice on paint, stains, tiles, grout, adhesives and other materials and application tools needed to achieve your desired finished table.