Dollar Tree Heart Turned Valentine's Day Cute!

$5

If you're anything like me, you love the Dollar Tree, especially around the holidays. The items in the holiday decor section are so cute! But sometimes they're kind of generic looking. I decided to take one of those generic decor items, revamp it and make it way cuter in just a few simple steps!
From generic Valentine's Day decor, to cute "where did you get that?" Valentine's Day decor.
Items you'll need!
First Step - Remove tinsel from heart + remove flower heads from steams. Don't forget to heat up your hot glue gun while you're doing this!
Step Two - Add Twine
I originally tried to wrap the twine around the heart frame (the way the original tinsel was wrapped around it) but found it was much easier to simply cut pieces and glue then across. I cut about 2-3 at a time and glued them down to make it go faster.
Making progress!
Step Three - Add twine around edge
To give a more finish look, I added a piece of twine around the outer edge to cover up all the cut ends of the twine glued on.
Step Four - Add Flowers
Place flowers on heart and decide where you want them placed. I originally was going to place them at the bottom, but decided I liked them better at the top.Glue down once placed where desired.
Step Five - Add a hanging piece
I took three pieces of twine and glued them together
I then did a simple braid and glued the bottom pieces together.
Step Six - Glue hanging piece to heart
Glue down the braided piece, don't be afraid to use a lot of glue.
Step Seven - Hang up + enjoy :)

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/sommer.stains/

• Let

This is so unique, you bombed this project! It’s awesome , it’s very pretty!👍

• Let

Yes can’t wait till I run to the craft store, with lots of caution of course but I might already have these things in my garage. I will post later.