Frame A Rooster Placemat And Hang It On The Wall

$2

Anything with bold colors catches my eye. That's why the rooster placemat I spotted at Dollar Tree had me smiling. The bright yellows and reds would be perfect in my kitchen or dining room.I'm not fancy and I don't use placemats so what to do with the rooster placemat? How about framing it and hanging it on the wall? Great idea.
This is the rooster placemat. The design is so pretty. Doesn't look like it was only $1 does it?I wanted to be sure my framed rooster idea would work so I headed to the photo frame section of the store. The 11x14 frame was just about the right size. I would need to cut the placemat down but it wouldn't interfere with the decorative areas of the mat.
First order of business was to take the glass and frame backing out of the frame.
Next I spray painted the frame in a glossy black.
While the frame was drying I laid the glass from the frame on top of the placemat being sure to center the glass over the prettiest parts of the design.Then I used an ink pen to draw a line all the way around the glass.
The placemat was nice and thick but I was able to use scissors to cut it to size.
I tried framing the rooster placemat with the glass over the mat but there was too much glare. So no glass.I laid the trimmed placemat inside the frame and placed the glass on the backside of the placemat along with the frame back.
Then I hung the framed placemat on the dining room wall. Pretty colors and you would never know it was a placemat!
It also looks great sitting on my kitchen countertop. It's always nice to change things up a bit. The hubby never knows what to expect when he walks in the house.
Aren't those colors great! What do you think? You can see the complete tutorial on the blog here... Rooster Wall Decor. Find more of my Dollar Tree projects here.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Kathy Owen | Petticoat Junktion