Layers of Farmhouse White Ornate Vintage Coffee Table

$50

Farmhouse white is soo popular right now and I get it. It is a classic look that can go in any color scheme. This ornate vintage coffee table has been made over in shades of farmhouse white. Let's see how.

Scrub your project well

First step is to lightly power sand the top then scrub the entire solid wood coffee table inside and out using a good cleaner like simply green, warm water and a cloth after removing the hardware. This will allow the paint to stick well.

Brush on your first layer of paint

I used a shade of white milk paint called sand for the first layer brushing on two coats.

Paint other layers

Next I painted on a layer of oyster white milk paint, then Rustoleum linen white was dry brushed over the first 3 layers. There are videos to help with this and the waxing stages on my detailed blog tutorial.

Sand, distress and seal paint

Once all the paint layers are dry the entire coffee table was sanded smooth, lightly distressed on the edges and then the rustoluem clear protective coat brushed on.

Add black wax

To bring out the details black wax was brushed on in all the nooks and crannies then the hardware put back on after a good scrubbing to bring back the original shine.

And here is the completed look

And the vintage piece now has a complete new look for many years to come. Are you a fan?

Pop over to my blog for more free home decor and furniture tutorials.

Closeup

The coffee table is all fresh but still has the vintage vibe.

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Creative Moments

• ShelbyNeen
    ShelbyNeen

Did you already own this coffee table?

-

I love the transformation. It looks so good.

Thanks for sharing this project.

• Creative Moments
      Creative Moments

No Shelby, I purchased this in an online auction. I love finding old vintage pieces people are getting rid of and give them new life, thank you!!

• Neva Dew
    Neva Dew

Is this table solid wood throughout - even the carving on the doors? I have a similar one from the early 70's that has a lot of that molded plastic that looks like wood. Just curious.

• Deneen Giesen
      Deneen Giesen

You should still be able to use the chalk paint though for the plastic.

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Hi was just looking at project and realized I have this coffee table in my house furinture it's was my parents .I was thinking about getting rid of it now have new ideas thank you