Beaded Fringe Basket Makeover

$5

I have a thing for baskets and bins and have them all over my house. They are perfect for extra storage and hiding all those unsightly items you have lying around. I had everything I needed for this makeover at home, but you can find baskets fairly cheap at thrift stores, so keep that in mind next time you are thrifting. I love how you can turn any basket into a beautiful piece of storage and décor for your home.

Start by wiping down your basket so it's dirt and dust free. Start painting the basket with craft paint. You can use tape to get a straight line if you want, but since I knew the line would be covered up, I painted my basket freehand. I added two coats of paint to my basket, making sure to let dry completely between coats.
While the last coat of paint is drying, you can start making the fringe. You'll want to measure a piece of yarn to fit around the basket and cut to length. Next, cut thick chunky yarn into equal size pieces. Start tying the pieces around the yarn that will go around the basket.
When the paint is dry, wrap the fringe around the basket and tie with a double knot.

Trim the fringe.
You can add a few drops of hot glue under the fringe to hold it in place.
This is the part that really makes this basket look cool! Thread a needle with embroidery floss and start adding beads to the fringe by sewing in and out of the basket.

I added beads all the way around my basket and love how it looks! There's something boho about it, but also fun and classy.

Use around your house for beautiful storage, turn it into a plant holder or give as a gift!
If you like this little basket makeover, you might like the other basket projects I have on my blog. You can see them here.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom