Resin and Wood Serving Tray

$30

Love resin and wood serving trays but think it's a bit out of your league craft-wise? Here's an easy way to make a beautiful resin and wood tray! First pick up a wooden tray from your local craft store or thrift store. If you don't like the color or pattern, you can easily paint it using acrylic paint. I painted mine using black acrylic paint.Next mix up two-part epoxy resin in different cups. Add shimmer pigment powder (linked at the end of this post) in the colors you'd like your tray to be. Keep in mind that there will be some mixing of colors.
Next drizzle all of the colors you're using into the base of the tray. The sides of the tray hold all of the resin in, making this a really easy project with very little mess!
I also added a few drops of black alcohol ink for some extra dimension. You can see that below. Then, immediately after pouring the resin into the tray and dropping the black drops, I grabbed my heat gun to begin mixing the colors and popping the resin's air bubbles!
Resin creates air bubbles as it cures and the air rises to the surface to escape. A heat gun lets you not only mix the colors to create beautiful faux-marbled patterns, but it gives you a flawless finish! Add a bit of fine glitter for a bit of glam.
And here's another pattern I did:
You can begin using your tray after the resin cures completely. Want to see a TON more pictures of this project and detailed instructions? Click the link below next to my pic for the original post! And if you like resin, check out my easy DIY hexagon resin coasters and my beyond easy resin paint pour art!

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Everything Red For Canada Day
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
By Brittany Goldwyn

• Dawn

I really like this! Can you do this up the sides as well? Then when set, do the outside? I like the idea, but for the kitchen counter by the coffee maker, there is usually a lot of water or chances of getting wet.

• JOY B WOODHALL

you could also do the bottom and let it run off the sides.

Before pouring on the back I would tape off the inside since the runoff will curl under the edge... know what I mean? Also you will want to check the edges for drips and you may have to do a little sanding once all dry. It can be done.

• Kelli

How much ventilation do u need? I’m scared to work with the resin I have.