DIY Magazine Rack

$15

This magazine rack is so simple to make, it literally takes minutes and it’s a great way to hang and display your favorite magazines or books. I like how I was able to hang it on a wall in my room, adjacent to my cozy reading space.
Magazine Rack
This area of my bedroom has walls that are so narrow and I always struggled to find art work to hang. I saw this magazine rack that someone made and I knew that it would be easy to make and knew it would be the perfect thing to hang on my wall AND it was!
Materials needed
Besides needing your favorite magazines or books, these are all the items you will need. I choose to use white a chain and the length will depend on the area that you will be hanging it on. You will also need wooden dowels and hooks. I made my magazine rack to hold 6 magazines so I used 6 dowels and 14 hooks, 12 were for each end of the dowels and the other 2 were to hang the chains from. I will show you what I mean by that.
Hanging the magazine rack
My magazines weren’t heavy so I just literally screwed the hooks into the dry wall and hung 2 chains. I determined the width of my rack was going to be wide enough to hang my favorite magazine, The Louvre. The width you decide to use will depend on your magazines or books. I’ve had no problems with the weight being an issue. I recommend though if you’re going to hang heavy books, that you find studs before inserting the hooks into the wall.
Wooden Dowels
This is what it looks like before I hung the magazines. I inserted a hook at each end of the dowel by simply screwing it into the dowel. I then used the hooks to hang the dowels in place through the chain. I’m sure you can see how simple of a DIY project this is. I think it’s a cute way to display your favorite magazines too and won’t lie, it’s been a good conversation piece 💁🏻‍♀️
Done ✅
Here is the completed project, I hope you find inspiration from it. I really like it and I hope you do as well. If you want to see more of what I do, please come visit me on Instagram at  https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/

• Patricia

Wouldn’t that wall look more desirable with great art work or family portraits? Magazine racks will hold those magazines and save space, and look much better.

• MawD

Hi. If I wanted to secure the bottom of the chain (leaving the chain a little lose), how could I do it? Project would be for kids room and I can already see my 2 yr old Grand pulling the chains. I'd have to use studs also. Lol

• MawD

All great ideas! Yes, I can also see them climbing it K. 🤦‍♀️Thank you!

• Nancy

I love this project what a great idea