Clay Animal Art Decor

$10

Air dry clay makes this craft accessible for everyone and it’s super fun to make for yourself, with your children, with your grandkids, and even as a party table. All you need is air dry clay and some imagination for other ‘tools’.
First you’re going to need to roll your clay out to your desired thickness. I did about a 1/2inch as too thin would make it fragile. Roughly cut your clay to size and lay it over something like a mug so that you get a ‘half-tube’, I used small creamer pots for the bull and a mini roller for the calf. You could add a flat bottom to the cows but I liked that these would sit on the edges of the half tube once done. When you’re happy, finish any trimming as needed.

Next, We want to add the fur, fluff, hair, floooooofy goodness, whatever you wanna call it...I used a straw for the texture and made sure to overlap slightly as I went to build it up as a pattern. Cover the outer of the whole piece. I’d like to make more of these and do a highland version also, adding on additional clay as strands.
Once you’ve textured your clay, take some more clay and mold your cow a head, adding horns if you want a bull. It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth, the texture and bumps add to its individuality.
And that’s it! Leave to dry and long as the packaging states.