Small Laundry Room Makeover!

$350

Hi, and Happy January! This is always my month of organizing and refreshing, and today I want to share my laundry room makeover with you! In terms of home organization and life change, this is probably the best thing we've ever done for our home. I won't say it's my favorite room in the house... we are talking laundry here. But it makes me feel a little more organized and on top of my game whenever I walk past it! Okay, enough talk. Let's get to the makeover. Here's what we started with- but imagine it with dirty clothes all over the floor and piles of junk on top of the machines.
Here were the problems with the old space: One, there was no room to even set a laundry basket on the floor! Two, it was always a mess! This is a pretty small space, and that space wasn't being used well. Oh and did I mention that we used to store the ironing board in here, but it would often fall over and block the door so we couldn't even open it?
The first order of business was a fresh coat of paint. I chose this light blue-green called "Mountain Falls".
Did you see the old flooring? That had to go, like yesterday! We chose a luxury vinyl plank wood-look flooring because it's durable and waterproof, and our washer overflows every time I run a load of towels.
This is a click-and-lock floating floor product from Home Depot. It just went right over the top of the old stuff, and was pretty easy to install.
Next, we measured and cut PVC baseboard, and used a pin-nailer to install it. We chose plastic because, as I mentioned before, our washing machine overflows on a regular basis, and we needed something that would not be damaged by water. When I get around to it, I'm going to run a bead of caulk along the bottom to make sure water cant get underneath it.
We ordered a stacking kit for our washer and dryer. Our set is almost ten years old, so it took some sleuthing to find the right one. There are also universal kits available, so if you can't find the exact model, try that. Once the washer and dryer were stacked, we had room to add a tall cabinet. We chose the PAX wardrobe from IKEA without any doors. My original plan was to have shelves that would hold laundry baskets. But there was a mistake at will-call and we ended up with these wire mesh drawers instead. And I'm so glad! These are 10x better! And we still have a spot for the stacked laundry baskets at the bottom of the cabinet.
You can see how I made these easy wood chalkboard labels here!
Now let's turn around to the other two walls. We needed storage for the iron and ironing board, dryer sheets, miscellaneous cleaning supplies, scissors, and hangers. Oh, and a broom.
We cut a piece of pegboard to fit on the back wall, and I spray painted it. Then we used a couple of leftover lengths of baseboard to mount it to the wall. Pegboard needs to sit out from the wall a little so you can put hooks in the holes.
And finally, we mounted another piece of leftover white-painted molding to the wall to mount the ironing board and broom.
For this particular ironing board, we found that the easiest hanging option was two screws with white electrical tape wrapped around them. For the broom, we got a broom holder.
And that's it! I know every laundry room and family has different needs, so I've scoured the web for the very best space-saving laundry room hacks I can find. Come see them here!

30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Jessica Welling Interiors

• Rdewit

Could you tell me the name of the plank flooring you bought?

• Jessica Welling Interiors

Hi! Yes it's Lifeproof from Home Depot. The color is Sterling Oak or Weathered Oak... something like that. It's one they stock in their store. Hope that helps!

• Suzy Pink

Great job!!! Just curious the height of your dryer switches now ? I'd love to stack mine just afraid it would be to high. Again awesome job!

• Tara Roseberry

Mine are stacked and I have the same exact set. I'm 5'1"and have no issues.

• Betty Peterson

Kcould this be put in a hall closet?