DIY Valentine's Day Pillows

$15

An easy way to add personalized pillows to your decor! This is an inexpensive way to change your pillows throughout the year for each season!
To complete this project, you will need to either draw (like I did above) or print out words/pictures on card stock paper to create your stencils. Grab a cutting board, an x-acto knife, paint, craft pillows, sponge applicators, markers, scissors, and tape.
First, cut out your words/pictures using your x-acto knife and cutting board. Be careful if your words have circles in them. You will need to make adjustments like the "O" in the above photo.
This was the design I wanted to put on my pillow. It is easier to make separate stencils for everything and then put it all together later.
This is what it will look like on the pillow.
Everything cut out
Next, tape your stencils onto your pillow cases so they do not move when you stamp them.
Pick a color of paint (I used all purpose paint) and start applying it to your stencils!
Leave your stencils on your pillow cases until the paint is halfway dry. Remove your stencils and then allow the paint to fully dry before you put pillow inserts in them.
All dry!
Add pillow inserts and you are finished! Now you have custom pillows. This tutorial can easily be used for other seasons or to make "everyday" pillows. Be sure to watch my YouTube video on this tutorial linked below!
Here is the in-depth video tutorial on this project!

• Val

Maybe I am overthinking this, but what do you put inside the pillows so the paint won't bleed all the way through? I have never done this before and I am feeling a little dithery.

• Val

Thanks so much for all your help to both of my questions.

• Sylvia Packer McClain

Looks inviting and cozy.

• Lisa Sinclair

Very cute idea, but if I may add a couple helpful hints. There's a adhesive spray, that you can use on the back of your stencils. It makes the stencil stick better ,than the tape. It also helps so you have very little, or no,bleeding under the stencils. Plus I would recommend ironing the material first, gives a nice smooth surface to paint on.