Asked on Jan 14, 2020

How do I cover almond-colored light switches with white covers?

BetsyCheryl ACribbsStyle
+5

I have some switches that the previous owner covered with white covers which still left the almond switches and/or almond toggle switch showing. I read there is a cover that will cover up the almond without changing out the almond switches. Where can these be obtained. I could not find them at Home Depot, or Amazon online

• Vimarhonor

Hello.

Would this be the light switch cover that you were looking for? Almond toggle switch and matching almond cover plate?

I’m not sure the last time I saw them in the hardware store, the last time I was looking I wanted dark brown ones and they were tricky to find. Hope you find a purchasing solution soon to make your switch and plate uniform.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=almond+cover+light+switch+covers&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

• Midge

Home Depot has covers in almond or white. Cheap $

• Kelli L. Milligan

I talked to an electrician friend and he has never heard of a cover for the actual toggle. Only way is to replace the switch.

You can always use an artist brush and paint it it white. I'd use oil based to make it more durable. Just get a small jar at a craft store. Good luck with your project.

Kelli is right. Nothing just to cover the toggles. You would need to replace the complete switch. You can paint them. Acrylic craft paint for plastic, enamel paint for plastic models, even white nail polish.

• Flipturn

Perhaps the article was referring to light switch toggle covers that function more as a safety guards. Examples below.

• CribbsStyle

I don't know that you'll get the results you were hoping for, but I would replace them all so that they're the color you want. Painting them could be a long and dangerous job.

• Cheryl A

we found the almond covers at Home Depot in the electrical dept with light switches, etc. Lowes carries them too - hope this helps you out

the almond covers are really cheap to buy and I have seen them at dollar tree as well

Hi Jan: Never heard of that before, but you can paint them:) just get a little brush and have at it! Good luck