Extra Attic Home Storage -- The Easy Way

$315

Until recently, there was no storage space in my home's attic. We bought our home new, and our attic came with just rafters, insulation and no attic flooring. My husband and I talked about adding flooring to the attic for storage, but for years, we never got around to it.
Then we heard about Attic Dek flooring. Attic Dek sells lightweight, but sturdy plastic grids that can be screwed into the rafters of your attic.Since the grids are very lightweight, they are easy to get into the attic. (Unlike heavy sheets of plywood, which traditionally have been used for attic flooring.)The flooring is able to hold up to 250 pounds in weight, so we can store just about anything in our attic.My husband and I don't do a lot of big DIY projects, but he was able to create a nice area of attic flooring in our attic in just a few hours! (We created about 48 square feet of storage space in our attic.)The project would no doubt be quicker for more experienced DIYers.
I am very happy to now have an area in our home's attic where I can store Christmas decorations and other seasonal decor.
In a separate project, my husband and I also had new lightweight, metal attic stairs installed for accessing the attic.I've been very happy with the extra storage space that we easily created in our home.We were so pleased with Attic Dek flooring, that we bought more Attic Dek flooring and expanded the storage area in our attic.
I have several more boxes of seasonal decor stored in my attic these days!It has been nice to move some stuff up and out of our basement, where I have been able to put a ping pong table for my kids to enjoy with their friends.So now we have extra useable living space in our home, too, thanks to Attic Dek.
Lauren of Mom Home Guide