Extra Attic Home Storage -- The Easy Way

$315

Until recently, there was no storage space in my home's attic. We bought our home new, and our attic came with just rafters, insulation and no attic flooring. My husband and I talked about adding flooring to the attic for storage, but for years, we never got around to it.
Then we heard about Attic Dek flooring. Attic Dek sells lightweight, but sturdy plastic grids that can be screwed into the rafters of your attic.Since the grids are very lightweight, they are easy to get into the attic. (Unlike heavy sheets of plywood, which traditionally have been used for attic flooring.)The flooring is able to hold up to 250 pounds in weight, so we can store just about anything in our attic.My husband and I don't do a lot of big DIY projects, but he was able to create a nice area of attic flooring in our attic in just a few hours! (We created about 48 square feet of storage space in our attic.)The project would no doubt be quicker for more experienced DIYers.
I am very happy to now have an area in our home's attic where I can store Christmas decorations and other seasonal decor.
In a separate project, my husband and I also had new lightweight, metal attic stairs installed for accessing the attic.I've been very happy with the extra storage space that we easily created in our home.We were so pleased with Attic Dek flooring, that we bought more Attic Dek flooring and expanded the storage area in our attic.
I have several more boxes of seasonal decor stored in my attic these days!It has been nice to move some stuff up and out of our basement, where I have been able to put a ping pong table for my kids to enjoy with their friends.So now we have extra useable living space in our home, too, thanks to Attic Dek.

18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Lauren of Mom Home Guide