Dollar Tree Heart Up Scaled

$5

I love thinking out of the box when I'm coming up with a project idea, so when I saw these tinsel dollar store hearts, I thought maybe they'd look better with the tinsel removed. I love the new metal finish, take a look at how I did it!
Find it at your local Dollar Tree
This is what you'll need!
I took some of these home and first worked on removing the tinsel. I saved the "Love", because I'll probly use it for another project!
I then removed all of the plastic tabs that were poking out using some wire cutters.
Next, I took them outside and spray painted them with a dark hammered bronze (Rustoleum). I painted all sides, inside and out!
The next thing I did was I took these wooden hearts which I also picked up at the dollar store, and mod podged some buffalo check paper on them. I also had a heart door hanging wchich I used and covred with some twine. They look like this--
I uses some wire to attach the hearts to each other.
I then used these candy dishes as the base. I sprayed it with spray paint, and let it dry.
I then drilled 2 holes into the bottom of the one dish, and used wire and glue to attach the whole heart to the top of the base.
This is what it looks like fully finished, and I love it! It's perfect for Valnetine's Day, or for year round. What do you think?If you'd like to see more of my projects, go take a look at my Facebook page Gilbert marketplace.

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?

• Mcgypsy9

Very very cute! We’re the wire hearts like the wire wreaths they have a dollar tree? I haven’t seen those there before but know that I will be looking for them!

• Nancy Barrett

She justed removed the red tinsel from the heart shape then used spray paint in a metal finish.

It's actually plastic .

Nice job.

• Karen

Nice. Where you get the cute picture (love you more)?