Pegboard Piece and Ornate Frame Organizer

$15

I always pick up scraps of materials I like and I know I can use down the road. So when I came across this ornate frame I knew I could use a scrape piece of peg board on it and make a great organizer.
Scrape peg board
All I had to do is measure the inside of my frame and cut peg board to fit.
Securing peg board
Once I cut it to fit I needed to secure inside the frame. I used small nails and nailed every few inches into the back of frame.
Adding staples for hanger
The easiest way to add a hanger was to use staples and staple my hanging wire in place making sure it is secure and will not fail once I hang tools on it.
Starting to come together
Once I put it together I didn’t like the contrast of painting frame and brown pegboard. So I decided to paint it.
Damage to the frame
There was a few areas that had damage so I lightly sanded to blend in the gouges and prep for paint.
Prepping for paint
Because you never know what a project has been painted with I alway use liquid sander for adhesion. Nothing worse then taking the time to paint something and it doesn’t withstand abuse or use. This is an easy fix and inexpensive item from the hardware store.
Oppps paint
I always shop the opps section of hardware stores. Paint has become so expensive. So if I can save costs I am all over it.
Nice grey base
I loved this grey color and will be able to doing a million projects with this gallon of nine dollar paint!
Grey done
No special technology here just paint it on.
Grey color
Once it was painted the ornate frame looked blah so I wanted the ornate frame to pop.
Adding black to show design
I literally just took a black craft paint and painted over the frame and then whipped it off to leave color in crevices to create dimension in the ornate frame.
Adding peg hooks
Once it was dry I adding some peg hooks to make it a craft room organizer.
Organizer with few items
ta-da here is my rendition of a small tool holder in my craft room. I super love it. It works great next to my heat press and my cricket to hold all my tools. I hope this encourages more people to take throwaway items and create something useful. Let me know your thoughts and opinions as always thank you.

15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom

• Tish

What is the “opps” section? Did you mean “oops” as in the paint section where you can find great deals on mistakes made in mixing paint for someone so it wasn’t sold to them? I haven’t seen that but must look for it next time I’m at a place that mixes paint if that’s what you’re referring to! 😁

• Tish

Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies! 🥰 I’ll be sure to find that section next time I’m in Lowe’s or Home Depot!

• Carmine

Fantastic idea, I have a friend with a lots of necklaces all around the house because do you think this could work? Or can you give me an idea I really want to do something for her even that she doesn’t care lol

• Ruth

I think it would work wonderful necklace holder!

• Janna Haddix

I love this idea and would really like to do it for my craft room! Thank you for a splendid idea.

• Ruth

Thank you for inspiring me to post next project!

• Roberta Wingard

Yes yes yes I have some large ornate frames Ive been holding onto for years. Im definitely want to do this. But might turn them also into doors and build shelving behind them. I can store small flower pots etc inside and hang the gardening tools outside. Yay

• Ruth

What ever you decide to do will be awesome