Accent Wall

$45

I love white but I wanted to add a little depth to my dining room this year.

Accent Walls have literally changed my life, and this black evergreen color is probably my new go to. And as a plus I only spent $45 to get this project done. (I had most of the supplies on hand from other projects)

This is before the update. I didn't really know what I was missing until I finished my new accent wall.

For supplies you will need:

• leveler
  • measuring tape
  • painter's tape
  • your choice of paint
  • flat white paint
  • wood stain of your choice
  • spackle if needed
  • shur lined edger
  • finishing nails

Step 1: Prepare your wall

I started by taking down the previous wall decor in filling in any holes in the wall. You always want a nice smooth flat surface to work on

Step 2: Draw a line

Then once I did that, as you can see slightly in the photo above I drew a line using my leveler to give myself a stopping point for the white paint and the paint going under it. This little step helps me because I'm very visual and I knew where to stop painting

Step 3: Paint your walls with your white

For the corners and ceiling i used a shur lined edger. I highly recommend these if your new to painting they make painting any edges so easy.

Ok so while my first coat of white is drying I started the bottom part of the wall because I'm impatient and love to get my projects done thoroughly lol

Step 4: Paint the bottom color coat

Again you want to tape off anything you don't want to paint

Now these are the first coats for both top and bottom I recommend doing two coats so you have a nice smooth surface

Step 5: Stain your wood pieces

While my second coats of paint are drying I started to stain my wood pieces. I forgot to take a photo but to get the measurements needed for your wall space I just used a measuring tape. And got my pieces cut at Lowe's

I love rustoleum for wood stain and I love lighter color so I went with a golden pecan, but it's totally to your liking. Also did two coats of stain on these

Once that was done I let it dry overnight before attaching it to the wall

Step 6: Attach the wood pieces to the wall

To attach the wood pieces I use finishing nails

I asked my husband for help on this part so one of us could hold the wood while the other one nails it to the wall

And you're all done 🖤 I hope you guys enjoy this project as much as I did

• Suzette

Why u just painthe half bottom and not the hole wall

• Brittany Malia

In my opinion painting the wall one color wouldn't make it as eye opening. And if I painted the Wall one color I wouldn't have been able to include the wood trim.

• Lory

Such a beautiful color combination!! I live it so much I may have to steal the color scheme for my entryway. I like the look of natural wood that you added. Great project! Thanks for sharing!

• How did you decide how high to go with the dark paint?

• Brittany Malia

We didn't want it to be 50/50 with both colors so I went more 40/60. I thought it would look better, especially with my window on that wall