Bohemian Shower Curtain

$20

I found the most beautiful shower curtain at Urban Outfitters, but the price just wasn’t in our budget. So, I decided to make my own version for a fraction of the cost.
For the shower curtain, I purchased a white twin sized flat sheet from Walmart. The width was just right for our shower, and I cut the length to 78”. My husband is tall, so we have our curtain rod slightly higher than most people.
I found the macrame garland on amazon, and completely forgot to snag a photo before I attached it to my curtain.. but this is their stock photo 😊😅
Next, I placed our shower curtain liner that we have on the top of the sheet and used it to mark where the holes to hang it would go, and cut the wholes. You will need to have a shower curtain liner to go under this shower curtain. The sheet I used is obviously not water or mildew resistant as shower curtains should be.
Next I placed my macrame banner near the top of the sheet and sewed them together by hand. I secured it every few centimeters or so. The banner does have some weight to it, so it’s best to really makesure it’s secure.Once you’ve finished that, you’re done! So simple.
Here’s a before shot of our bathroom. We didn’t have a shower curtain, just a liner.
Here is an after shot with our beautiful new shower curtain!
Another before shot...
And AFTER!
Needless to say, I am in LOVE with it. It was such an incredibly easy diy, but made such a huge impact on the overall appearance of our bathroom.