Asked on Jan 16, 2020

How do I repair my crock pot that is spitting water?

RedcatcecDeeLinda
+9

How do you get your crock pot from spitting water. I found a big puddle on my countertop this morning. Any ways to prevent this from happening? Thanks!!

• Scarlet Paolicchi
    Scarlet Paolicchi

Sounds like the setting may have been too high and it may have caused water to bubble out through the lid and condensation. I would try turning it to a lower setting.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Scarlet's advice is something to look into, good idea.

Maybe take a look at how full your crock pot was and the setting. One thing I do is use the liner bags made for crock pots. I typically start the pot on high to just get things cooking and then drop it to low.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I do agree with Scarlet, I've had it happen to me before when I had a very liquid item in mine and it reaching bubbling stages. Another check is fill your pot half full and sit unplugged. This will verify that you don’t have any leaks.

• Unexpected Elegance
    Unexpected Elegance

My guess would be that lid isn't sitting properly or you might have a small crack somewhere?

• I've found that if I lift the lid to check it, it will then spit water. Since I've stopped doing that, I haven't had a problem.

• Janine
    Janine

Simple.. go to Walmart and get a new one. They're super inexpensive now, since Instapot is taking over the slow cooker industry

• Christina Faye Repurposed
    Christina Faye Repurposed

You may need to purchase a new one. Your sea on your lid l may be damaged :)

• Maura White
    Maura White

If you don't want to muy a new one - try putting a larger cooking bowl on top of the lid to hold it down. If the lid is too loose, then the water will come out.

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

IS the seal on the lid tight?

• Linda
    Linda

If it keeps happening after you have tried the other suggestions place a cooking tray under it to catch the water for easy cleanup.

• Dee
    Dee

When I open my crock pot and then close it, it makes condensation which makes the lid rumble. So I wipe it with a paper towel and it goes away.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Just thought of this...when I use my crock pot, I put 2 folded dish towels on top of the lid. If it does start to steam out, the towels catch the moisture so nothing can condense and run down the sides. Also this serves as an insulator and keeps more heat in the pot rather than dissipating into the room, it also shortens the cooking time.