Fun Upcycled Valentine's Bottle Lights

$5

During the winter I love to brighten up my home with illuminated decorations. I have just taken down my Christmas bottle lights (see here), when I thought it would be fun to replace them with some love themed bottle lights for the rest of the winter season.I actually had some cute bottles left over from the Christmas cocktail drinks that were perfect for this upcycle.
You can use any glass bottles you like as long as they are clear.
What makes these bottle lights so effective are these cork wine bottle lights (see here). They are very affordable and I use the same ones year round from season to season.
First, wash the bottles in hot soapy water to remove all labels.
Next, stick an assortment of heart shaped foam stickers on the bottles. You should be able to buy these stickers from your local dollar store, especially this time of year.
Next, spray paint the bottles. I painted two of them red and two pink as these are the colors of Valentine's day.
Next, once the paint has dried carefully peel off the foam stickers.
The top of the cork lights were quite ugly so I covered them with some Valentines themed tape.
I then finished off by putting the lights in the top of the bottles and simply switched them on.

Claire at Pillarboxblue