How to Make Decorative Lighting Using Barnboard

$30

This year I have committed to redecorate the various rooms in our house. Some will be big changes while others will be just adding a few new things to spruce up a room. I was hoping to have a few small projects done by now, unfortunately I have had the flu for a few weeks. It apparently is quite fond of me and is sticking around. Today I was actually feeling human again and got to work quick on this project. I'm glad I did it was the pick me I needed.
There is really nothing to this project. To start off with I used a 6ft piece of barnboard in driftwood color and a piece of pine trim. I purchased both from Home Depot for a grand total of $15.00.
Next I took the trim and measured the width of my barnboard , marking to cut four pieces.
Once cut I sanded the rough edges smooth, using a lint free cloth I applied the stain rubbing off the excess. Let dry.
Here are my pieces dried and ready to be put on my barnboard. I cut my barnboard to the length of 34 inches. Using wood glue I attached my trim to the barnboard.
Here is the trim attached. It is roughly 4 inches from the top and bottom of the barnboard.
Next step is to attach a hook for the light to hang from.
These are my lights I purchased last fall from Jysk for $11.00. They are battery operated.
Next step was to hang my barnboard panel. To do this I used Scotch extremely strong mounting tape. It holds 30 pounds. The directions are on the back as to the length of tape to use per pound. Each panel weighs 5 pounds . I cut the desired amount needed. Once placed on wall you have to hold firmly for 1 minute. Repeat step for other panel.
Here are my two panels with lights completed.
Here they are lit up at night. I absolutely love how they turned out. This project has created such a warm and inviting feeling to my living room.Perfect for watching tv when you don't want the bright lighting from lamps, etc on. The best part it was super easy to make and cost me under $30.00 !

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box